Thursday, June 22, 2006

ORDERS UP

So the last few days I have crashed at about 2:00 each afternoon and had a struggle to get out of bed before 5:00. This is not good as my oh-so-accomodating daugther will play in her bed for the three hours, but I'm sure 'playing' is becoming a plot to seek revenge for this captivity once she is free from the play yard! I was thinking if it was truly pregnancy exhaustion, and should be brought up with the doctor, or just laziness.

Then it dawned on me. I forget to eat lunch! I feed Isabella so it sticks in my mind that food has been served, but while she's chowing and confined to her chair I do other things that little hands do not help with. Oh my, no wonder I crash I have run out of fuel!

The idea of sitting down to a daily sandwich lost it's appeal to me in about the 9th grade. So here's today question of the day (nice little trend wouldn't you say?) WHAT DO YOU EAT FOR LUNCH?

I'm looking for quick ideas or perhaps a bunch of things I can make on Sundays and store in the fridge for the week. Share people, share away, comment once, comment often, this girl is HUNGRY.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE egg salad sandwiches. You can just hard boil a few eggs and keep them in the fridge. I also love cheese toast (grate some cheese and broil it in the oven with a bit of butter and oregano). I usually have a cookie or some kind of dessert, too. And I wonder why I've gained so much pregnancy weight?!? :)

the Haazens :) said...

I just eat whatever I give Gid. Mostly all contents that would normally go together to make a sandwich (a few slices of cheese, meat, pickles, tomatoes). I'm not a big sandwich person either but eating everything separately seems more appetizing to me.

Anonymous said...

Hey, this is Angella's sister! My co-worker and I were getting sick of buying lunches at restaurants(too expensive, and the extra pounds were bad side effects). So now, we just buy hummus or tzatziki (approx $4 per container), and pita bread. And on the side, fruit salad. A LOT cheaper and SO GOOD!

Leftovers from last night's dinner can be good too!

Jen said...

I eat egg salad & tuna sandwhiches, a cup of soup, quesedillas, or something thrown together like 1/3 c. cottage cheese, an apple and some veg.

Eat lunch girl! No wonder you crash. :)

Elizabeth said...

omelets and leftovers and ice cream sandwiches (oops) and Mr Noodles fried with an egg + veggies and grilled cheese + tomato soup, though not all together...

Angella said...

Cucumber & tomato salads are a fave of mine, with maybe some tuna :)

karen said...

Hmmm, lunch. I'll have what the kids are having -- which is mac and cheese MOST of the time. Or do the sandwich thing -- this is boring but I like a slice of bread, mustard, ham, and cheese melted on top. So easy. Or, I'll have leftovers.
Lunch is a hard one.

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Buy meridia iraq phendimetrazine this air purifier and humidifier commercial insurance companies in arizona free knitting baby sweaters Isdn services carlisle watsonville dentist erectile dysfunction aids phendimetrazine 35mgwith c o d+ phendimetrazine 2000 chevrolet astro van small tits fashion models Weight loss pill 6 Do statins clear the arteries Usa provigil Bedroom interior design modern Hair loss women cause Dansko shoes website