Thursday, June 29, 2006

In knots

So, in my move update yesterday I let you all know about a house we were hoping to get. I got some more info on it and while it doesn't sound totally ideal, (as in the white picket fence that I decorated straight out of Amanda Stewart), it's a house and with all the "affection" going on above us we are sooooooo tired of living in shared accomodations.

When I say not ideal it's small. There are 3 storeys to this place, but no basement. So floor one is your common areas with a 2 piece bath and kitchen, no dining room and living room. The second floor is the master bedroom with en suite 4 piece bath and the top floor is two more bedrooms with a large bathroom. Each floor is approximately 500 square feet, so slightly smaller than where we are living right now per floor. The price is good compared to what we're finding online. There is another person looking at it as well and it's basically going to come down to who has the better credit score as to who it will be rented to.

We do not have a good credit score. It is small, I'll probably feel cramped, but it's a HOUSE with my own front door and all that jazz. There is however no back yard just a little patio and then a common area for all the tenants in the townhouse complex.

So now I'm torn. I'm not sure what to do. Do we go ahead and put in our application and most likely get rejected. Or do we say 'you know what, this just isn't good enough'. And wait for something else?

All the other properties we looked at previously are no longer available, but do I go for it out of fear of not having something at all?

It's such a rollar coaster. And the thing is I'm not looking to buy this property just rent it for a year or two but I feel like I'm making the biggest decision of my life, the stres oh the stress.

I just don't know. I have to of course talk it over with Nick who will be calling me on his lunch break in the next little bit. I just don't know how to live the most victoriously. Go for it and trust that God will provide, (whether that means getting this place or not because there's something else), or taking my personal power to say it's not good enough for me. I'm just not sure.


Jen said...

Hard decision Amanda. You can apply to buy yourself more time to think about it!

Amanda Franks said...

We did apply for it, and are waiting to hear back. And we've decided to pray for contentness with the outcome, so we'll see what God has in store.

Angella said...

There is a plan...we all just have to wait to see what it is :)

motherinlaw said...

Hey Amanda,
There is a story that Corrie tenBoom tells about her father not giving her a bus ticket until the bus pulled up to the stop. She used to share this story and say that our Heavenly Father gives us exactly what we need exactly when we need it not necessarily when we think we need it.
We went through a roller coaster ride many years ago when John was out of work and the boys were small. Sometimes it got down to having some crackers and peanut butter left in the cupboards and there would be a knock at the door. When we opened the door there would be a box of food! Or when the mail came there was an unmarked envelope with enough money to pay a bill. It doesn't always happen that way but thought I would share our experience with you. Of course we are praying along with you. God bless. (John 14:27)

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read King county wa property taxes Aisha ringtone vegas Golf discussion