Monday, May 29, 2006

Weekend Update with....

This weekend we went away. We went to Edmonton for me to scrapbook and to meet Declan, the newest kid on the block. It was a good time. We decided to splurge a little bit and stayed in a hotel. It was a nice hotel with a pool. We drove up Friday afternoon. The ride never feels long to me, although it's almost 4 hours. We got to try out our new portable DVD player which we bought for the drive to Ontario. Belle loved it. She was only cranky for the last 45 minutes and that's when we turned it on. The drive was nice. Then we headed to the West Edmonton Mall and had dinner at The Spaghetti Factory, again Belle was an angel. And finally we headed back to the hotel. We had a little swim and got Belle good and tired. Then we put her to bed and the crying started. She knew we were there, although we positioned her so she couldn't see us and she wanted to play! I think this was the first time I've ever been thankful for her crying though as the people staying next to us decided to have some "not so quiet" sex. We only had to hear a few bits and pieces when Belle started to unwind and fall asleep. Luckily she was in la la land about the same time they quit! Amen for babies! Then we ordered a movie and watched it and went to bed.
These are the gals in Edmonton that I go to see. It was fun to see them and to realize that so much has changed and yet so much is the same. Once again three of the four of us are pregnant, and we all love to scrapbook. I just love being around these gals. They make me want to be a better person. Elaine is so full of personal power and Hayley is always laughing and playing games and Angela is one of those kindred spirits you meet in your life. I will be forever thankful for having met them, and forever sad that this was our last get together.

Even though they make me want to go higher and deeper and do more than I've ever done before, this week has not gotten off to a good start. I have two jobs currently and they both have deadlines at the end of the week that I cannot meet if I don't get my butt in gear. And I slept until 1:00 today. We all did. Nick and I didn't get any sleep this weekend. The hotel was great, (and the couple next door only woke us up a few times), but the pillows were way toooo soft and we didn't catch any z's. Belle was tired out from all the activity I think. But we slept way too long, we should have gotten up and now the week will be one of playing catch up, and all I want to do is sit in my jammies and watch movies!

But, I'm thankful for weeknds that rejuvenate the soul even if they exhaust the body. It really was a nice time.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like a great weekend!

karen said...

It sure does! You guys deserved it -- and the sleeping in till 1 part too!