Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Will I ever Graduate?

In 2002 I graduated with a Bachelor of Arts and Religion. In 2003 I obtained my diploma in Wedding Planning. I gotta tell ya that this last month has got me wondering if I'll ever graduate from the School of Hard Knocks!

Nick has been trying to track down the HR person for his second job to set up the interview and get in the door. They scheduled an interview for him that he could not make and he left messages with several people letting them know this. He heard nothing at all in return for a week. When he finally did get a hold of the folks he found out that interviews were that day in Kitchener. It's not that far away, but he was at the church all day with this drop in program and could not make that day of interviews. His interview is now scheduled for September 14th. This does not bode well for us. The Youth Pastor returned from his missions trip to Mexico yesterday to find out that Nick and the Sr. Pastor did not have the pow-wow he had been led to believe they would be having while he was out of the country. The drop in program ends on Friday and after that Nick knows he's needed two days at the church. But that is it. Still no answers. Still no schedule. Still no clarity.

Nick called me from work to share this news and I just lost it. I just cried so hard that I couldn't even talk. I felt so bad for doing it too, I mean it's not like he could drop his job and come home and console me. I cried and I cried and I cried. I seem to be losing my internal strength in my old age.

Now it's true that I'm feeling weary and defeated. Scared about the future and so very sick and tired of thinking about money. And while I am weary I am not defeated. I still get up and play with Isabella and do all sorts of things with my time, but man I sure wish they would quit adding required courses to this degree I'm currently in.

5 comments:

Jen said...

aw... more bad news. I can't wait until you get some clarity and rest.

Good for you for not letting these trials defeat you.

Anonymous said...

My heart aches for you guys! I'm praying for you as I type this :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Sweetie! I know how you feel and wish I could make it all go away...But you know it is in God's hands and, while I can't quote it exactly or give you the passage, there is advice in the Bible about worry and how you can't change a single thing by it - so why bother, let God do the worrying and He'll also do the working it all out.

I'll keep praying for Nick to get some better direction from his mentor and for your money situation to get sorted out without either of you having a breakdown.

Right now your job is just to love Nick and Isabella and take care of them and the littlest one and yourself. Focus on that for now.

Love to you all.

Mom ;)

Elizabeth said...

I, like Angella, feel the ache. I'm praying for you.

the Haazens :) said...

I didn't know you had an actual wedding planning diploma..that's AWESOME!

As for the school of hard knocks, if it makes you feel any better I've been feeling a few myself lately. Just stupid little things that seem so unfair, like they never should have happened in the first place...leaving me wondering if God is just trying to teach me something or what?!

I'm actually hoping it has ALOT to do with pregnancy hormones, and so is John cause then he has hope of having his 'regular' wife back after this baby comes!