Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Officially 41 weeks.

Well I am officially 41 weeks pregnant. How fun is that? The latest I'll be let go overdue would be to have me induced on Monday. I got the times of my doctor's appointment mixed up today and showed up at 1:00 instead of 1:30. The nurses take their lunch from 12:30 to 1:30 so Isabella and I sat in the waiting room, had a nice little snack and then read some magazines. I would be lying if I said the "You're still pregnant?" comments weren't getting to me a little bit, but for some reason it's like 10 times worse when the nurses of the doctor's office walk in en masse and exclaim, "Why are you here?". Don't they know it's just because I like their sunny dispositions? Anyway, I guess it confirms that my spiritual gift is Hospitality!! I had been tiding myself over waiting for news of my friend Charity who is expecting her second. She was due on September 25 and I had not yet heard from her, so I thought 'If she can make it, I can make it!'. Only today I got an email saying her hubby had my wrong email address and their son was actually born September 24, in such a quick and easy manner all was done by paramedics in their living room while their toddler slept! Now there's nothing to wait for! Except of course news on Baby D , whom I will never meet, but I am just as excited about!! I know I can't be pregnant forever, but being induced really takes the fun out of it! I'll hold tight to my doctor's belief that once I'm in labor it is going to go quickly, I think that will be enough to get me through.

6 comments:

Jen said...

I know this is of no consolation AT ALL but only a few more days!! I hope you don't have to be induced that babe is born tomorrow.

Tara said...

Come on baby franks!!!! well I can't wait to hear all about he or she or see pictures...and I hope that for your sake all of that can be posted by monday because you will be home and enjoying the life of being a mother to two!!! you have to send me your mailing address so I have it when the babe comes

Anonymous said...

Soon, soon, soon! You poor girl!

Robyn said...

I do hope the wait will be over for you asap. Between you and Angella I think I'm becoming a blogstalker on babywatch! If it helps I'm praying for you guys.

Elizabeth said...

I'm also sending prayers your way!! Much love,

the Haazens :) said...

I can hardly believe it! I guess I lost at your baby poll=( Sorry that you have to go through the overdue thing...though maybe you've had the baby by the time you actually read this!! That would be awesome=)

Anyways, nice to hear about Charity and Matt's 2nd! It's been SO long since we've seen them, but heard about their first through Jeff.

Take care and let us know as soon as you can!