Saturday, January 20, 2007

Soulfood

Brooklyn has been smiling intentionally since she was about two weeks old. It does my soul good to see her smile because there has also been a lot of crying with her. I'm not one of those women blessed with ease in the area of breastfeeding and it is a struggle for me, and therefore for my kids as well. But then there are days when a feed or two goes well and she sleeps peacefully and then she smiles. It does a tired mother good to see smiles. Both of my girls have great smiles and did right from the beginning. Smiles that include their eyes and their whole face. Isabella's smile is still just as adorable as the first time she flashed it at me, and I am terribly excited to look forward to a lifetime of their smiles. I'll probably be a bit jealous when they smile at someone else more than at me, but for now I'll just gobble them up and snap a zillion pictures to remember when I was the center of their universe.

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Fantastic!!

Anonymous said...

She's got your cute little button nose. :)

Jen said...

She is SO cute.

Anonymous said...

I miss them both - and you and Nick too - sooooo much! They are way too cute!

Angela said...

They are beautiful girls with a beautiful mother.

the Haazens :) said...

Oh my goodness Amanda...she is totally adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

Adorable! You have adorable kids. I just found your blog! It's good to catch up with your world!

Anonymous said...

She's growing so fast, and developing such a little personality!!

Smiles in any way, shape or form do make the day brighter - sending one your way RIGHT NOW.

Anonymous said...

What a great smile!! And you hit the nail on the head about the feeling you get when they smile at you :)