Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Scrappin Accomplishments




This is a remix of the Scrapbook I did of Isabella's first year. It has nothing on Amanda's amazing video of Avelyn's First Year , but I'm more of a scissors and tape girl. The technologically advanced stuff doesn't sink in all that well!

Finishing the project felt sooooo good. It had been a while since I was in the regular groove of scrapping so it's really a bunch of different pages as I tried out different products and techniques. There are a few pages I might go back and re-do but not until I've caught up.

Seeing the book fully done now sitting on my coffee table waiting for people to leaf through I realized that I would actually like making other people's scrap books. It does take a lot of time to get all the cutting, matting and embellishing done. I think it would be a great project to do for another person, leaving spaces for them to do their journalling! It's so nice to not have to look back on my computer to remember her first year. It's definitely reignited my passion for getting my children's scrapbooks done before they move out of the house.

It also made me super excited about a new Creative Memories program called the Premiere 12 Club. I think some people did this type of group with Stampin Up. There are 12 members and each person gets a month to be the "hostess" earning all the free stuff. I think it would be super fun to do online, in cyberspace, in blogland. To have a "virtual" group of friends holding each other accountable to getting their scrapbook projects completed through fun challenges, product rants and raves, project showcases. The small print would read: $35 per month for 12 months. I'd really love to start one up if there's interest. Just leave me a comment here. (Even if you're just a reader and not a commenter!)

Well, I'm off to sort through my photo folders, I'm still 18 months behind on Isabella's life, not to mention my own book, and Brooklyn's.......let the scrap fest continue!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Looks great! It reminds me of how far behind I am on Abby's scrapbook ... sigh....

Elizabeth said...

Wow! That's awesome. You have done some really incredible stuff, there. I'd love to see it in person to look more closely. How old is Belle, now? I'm so impressed with your dedication to get it done. Hunter is two and with another one coming soon I really feel like that's one thing that just isn't going to get done for my kids.

Amanda Brown said...

What a precious keepsake! It looks very beautiful, Amanda! Good luck with the rest of your projects...you'll get caught up eventually, but then you'll be bored, so just take your time. :)

Angella said...

Great work, Amanda!

wandi said...

Good job. I love the scrap booking. Tiffany and Kelle Garrett Friesen are super scrap bookers. I'd say they are dedicated! Good job Amanda. Your little girl is so cute. Both of them are.