Monday, November 19, 2007

Eastern Perks

Here we are in the second half of November and this is what it looks like outside. I will confess to missing the snow of my winters in Saskatchewan, but I am loving the absence of windchill. It is hard for me to get into an early Christmas spirit without any snow, we actually missed the Santa Claus Parades here because it didn't even cross my mind they would be happening already!

I think it's safe to say that the girls love the weather though. We only played outside for about 25 minutes this day as both of them rebelled against hats and mitts. (We have sniffly noses as a consequence!). I have a great video of Brooklyn walking, but am having issues uploading it here today. She is walking everywhere, and quite quickly. The only way to slow her down is to put shoes on her! They trip her up just a bit.

Isabella is working on learning to ride a tricycle. She hasn't gotten the concept of peddaling and spends most of the time with her feet on the ground just 'walking' it. But, with practice she'll get the hang of it.

I'm sure there will be many more days of outside play this year, which is one of the perks of living out East. The days are few that we can't go outside. Doesn't mean we make it out everyday, but it's nice to have that option. I'll still be hoping for a White Christmas, there are some things you should get no matter where you live!

1 comment:

Bloggy Mama said...

I agree.. white Christmases are the best. Go Brooklyn Go... oh boy, Amanda. I'm so thinking of you!!