Friday, July 07, 2006

Top Ten

Before Nick left for work today he brought in 5 empty boxes and declared, "I would not be sad at all if these were full when I got home from work.". See I asked for one box so I could put in some picture frames and begin the packing of things we use on a fairly regular basis. Nick would like it if we were all packed up today. Then he would drive me nuts going 'Can we move yet? Can we move yet?". I might pack up one or two of those boxes, but my plan was to bake for a while as I'm whittling down my pantry and then curl up with a few girlie movies and some scrapbooking to congratulate myself on making it through another week. I think those plans have been changed. In order to motivate myself I decided to write a Top Ten list of things I'm looking forward to in Ontario. These are in no particular order.

1. We will have a kids bathroom and a grown ups bathroom.
2. I'm pretty sure we can have a kitchen table, (although not totally sure as I haven't seen the place yet).
3. I'm not going to work for a whole year.
4. I will have a built in dishwasher for the first time ever!
5. I will not have to listen to my neighbors being "affectionate" at all hours of the night.
6. I will not have to listen to said neighbor's child cry for hours while being ignored.
7. We do not have another anticipated move date planned. That's right we're going to live somewhere indefinitely, (again for the first time since we got married).
8. My Aunt Shell and Uncle Jeff are amazing when it comes to anything culinary and I will live 20 minutes from their kitchen.
9. It doesn't take 2 hours to get across town.
10. We'll be in our new house and getting settled in only 24 days.
I better go pack those boxes, we move in only 13 sleeps!

5 comments:

the Haazens :) said...

That is so exciting=) Good idea with the top ten thing to keep you motivated through the packing.

Jen said...

So exciting! I love that you get to experience all those things on your list.

Yay you!

Anonymous said...

So excited for you guys!!

Tara said...

I am so excited for the three of you well four of you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»