Monday, May 17, 2010

Mum's the Word.

For Mother's Day this year we went to the zoo. It was a nice treat because we didn't have to be in our incredibly messy house for the day, (it's been very busy at my paying gig lately). So we took some time for some pictures just off one of the main treks in the zoo.
Katy has posed with this particular statue a million times, but this time she discovered the the orangutan's hand has nails. She was beyond impressed.
This particular Mother's Day saw flurries in the morning and I did not feel like eating out in the cold, so we splurged on a restaurant dinner. The girls' were super excited to be eating at "Hannah Montana's". They did a fabulous job eating there even though it was busy and there were many distractions. Our waiter was awesome and brought the kids meals with our appetizers and their dessert while Nick and I were finishing. I think I ate a hot meal! Some other highlights were when Isabella spelt 'zoo' on the tablecloth and Nolan's uber cuteness. Even a spontaneous family shot via a waitress turned out okay. It was nice to have someone else cook and clean for a night!

3 comments:

Lamb said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these pix.

The kidlets sure growing. You looked like you were really having fun. I am sooooo jealous. lol

Amanda, is that grey I see in your hair????

Bloggy Mama said...

Your kids are the cutest!!

Amanda Franks said...

No, not grey! I got some great highlights, blonde and red, but you can't really see that in the photo.