Saturday, June 21, 2008

Celebrate!

For my birthday my dear friend Jennifer took me and the kids out to Chuck E. Cheese for the morning. Jennifer's kids are a bit older than mine and we have been getting together just to chat, learn more about being godly mothers and she has been mentoring me in being a stay at home mom. Jennifer's kids aren't as close in age as mine, but when she first became a SAHM she did daycare and so had several kids around the same age to take care of.
I learn alot from her. Sometimes little cheat tips; (like if you set a timer for 10 minutes and spend only those 10 minutes cleaning each room at the end of the day, in one month your home will be really clean), sometimes it's spiritual; (for example you're not a bad mom if you ask God to give you strength and energy for the day when you wake up in the morning), and sometimes it's just fun; (if you buy the plastic cups from Chuck E. Cheese you get free refills every time you're there).
I remember Chuck E. Cheese from my childhood days as a special occasion, for birthday parties only, but for my birthday I learned that it can be a regular outing, espcially in the winter, to keep the kids entertained. With toddlers it's not expensive at all, I mean they love the games regardless of whether they're actually playing them or not. And you can get a buttload of tickets by playing a few games of skeet ball. So everyone leaves worn out, with a prize and some fun memories.
And my silly kids can make even the simplest of outings incredibly memorable!

3 comments:

Bloggy Mama said...

Looks like a great time, Amanda. And, how wonderful to have a friend and sister in Christ with whom to grow!

Lamb said...

How much fun was that???

Did Nick play too??

HOpe your day was terrific.

Love the pix.

God bless,
Susan and John

Amanda said...

Looks like you guys had fun! I love seeing pictures of your kids. Doesn't just seem so long ago we were at college? Great to keep in contact with you